Our route:

Our route:

Thursday, May 24, 2012

...Texas? And Whiskey.

We kind of rushed the southwest. Which makes me sad, because it's some of the most beautiful landscape I've seen. Ever. Period point blank.

The lake and the campsite were the stuff of legend. Blue blue waters, bush shrubs for shade. Snakes and scorpions and heat and wind and fire. Inhospitable madness. You know, the good stuff.

Backtracking, Austin was great. I wish we had had more time there. We got some pretty great BBQ thanks to Alex's great aunt and uncle. We also saw some bats, and conversed with a deaf man named Randy. I still wish we had interviewed him. No live music, partially due to laziness, partially due to our unfortunate timing in which we hit Austin on a Monday night. Swinging back and forth, we landed in the desert. And then Vegas.

My favorite part of Vegas so far is its hideousness. Everyone is a douche bag, everyone is fake-tan-pseudo-wanna-be-los-angles-plastic-beauty. Everyone is vying for the worst person ever award. Everyone is evil and disgusting and wrong. Off. Similar to, and yet miles away, from the people we met in Roswell. It's great. I want to live here and hate every minute of it.

I am having a great deal of trouble wording. Lollipops, sushi, alcohol, and heart-stopping amounts of caffeine are about all I've pumped into my body in the past 48 hours. I wonder and wonder what the good Hunter S. thought of all this when he entered here so many moons ago. And I think that it would be better to figure out what I don't know myself at a later date. And I don't think that, and I don't want to.

What?

No comments:

Post a Comment